- Recommendations for a healthy diet
- Instructions on how to keep your child’s mouth clean and healthy
- Guidance on the use of fluoride in children
- Trauma prevention and treatment
- Tips on teething and sucking habits (thumbs/pacifiers/fingers)
Your Childs First Visit to Our Office
We are often asked when is the best time for a child to see the dentist for the first time. We love to see children before problems arise, when we can still start them on a path to be cavity free. In the state of California 50% of all kids entering kindergarten already have at least one cavity or filling, and it goes up to 66% by third grade. We don’t want our patients to suffer early childhood cavities.
We agree with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Academy of Pediatrics in recommending a first visit to the dentist when the child gets their first tooth or by their first birthday.
Your child’s first visit will hopefully teach you and your family many vital things so that they may grow up cavity free and have a positive dental outlook.